Wednesday 27 June 2012

My Beautiful Friend



Hello friends. Today I finally decided that the burden of responsibility for running this inestimable blog was too much for one unemployed, alcoholic proofreader. Dlatego, I think it's time to officially give the Article a rest. It seems to me to be a much worse thing to leave it hanging indefinitely, with none of you, oh loyal and sexy readers, knowing when I will strike again before disappearing back into the blog-fog for gods-know-how-long again. You know? It's like when you have a couple of bad dates; it's always much better to call and say, 'Let's not do that again (especially the part with the stray dog and the sleeping wino)' than it is to try to fade out without saying anything.

But fret not, oh gentle, bemused reader. The Bad Article lives on in spirit, and certainly over on Facebook, where I will continue to post related items. I know that lately, that's mostly amounted to a handful of 'humorous' pictures, but divested of the psychic pressure of being a Nobel-winning Internet pundit, I'm sure we'll see some better stuff there. So stay tuned to our Facebook page!

Before I turn out the lights and lock the door, bear in mind that there's a good chance I'll come back here now and then, so think of this as a Sleep Mode rather than a full Shutdown. Most importantly though, I'd like to thank all of you for reading and sticking around this far. It was (and is) a huge pleasure doing this thing. Most of the material here crystallised during my tenure at a Kraków translating agency (which I've long since departed), at which time I wrote it all up as training material for the translators there. Since I exhausted most of that, it's been harder to produce regular, good quality stuff for you, you discerning, diligent dilettantes you. But, as I say, it was fun nonetheless. And consider Part II of our definitive series on article usage as something to look forward to, some sunny day.

Until the next time, au revoir mes ami!


No comments:

Post a Comment