Tuesday 12 April 2011

Opinion Pole


Hail Translator, well met! Today I'd like to take a moment to just knock heads with you about a couple of things to do with this here bloggy. At the bottom of the page I've added a poll, with about a year's worth of time on it to vote. I'm asking you for feedback on the way I write about the 'issues', the actual technical stuff we discuss here.


I'm aware that some translators, or maybe most, like their explanations to be fully and properly presented using all the right technical lingo for explaining language issues. Crazy, mind-rending terms like conjugation, adjective, case, third-person singular and other lunatic dream-speak.


So, to get to the point, I'm also aware that I tend to avoid a lot of this where necessary. To me, this means that certain really gruby, soczysty issues get delayed for ages because my research time for our blog articles is often quite limited. I've been working mostly from existing notes so far, but there are things we can do which require a bit more effort.


But generally speaking, from the poll at the bottom, I can sort of gauge how happy you all are with the explanations so far. Personally, I feel like our vocabulary and formatting items are the meat of the blog, and the rest is just gravy (yumm). But what do you think? Take a moment to click a button, or if you feel really strongly either way, you can email me or leave a comment below. Alrighty? Good good, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment