Saturday 15 September 2012

Pam's Peacock Tutorial For Crazy Quilting By Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs

I can sit for hours and hours just looking at all the amazing creatures that crazy quilter's like to include in their designs.  One such creature is a peacock.  I have always wanted to learn how to embroider one so I was pleased to see that Pamela Kellogg has a tutorial on her Kitty & Me Designs blog showing you how to embroider an exquisite peacock.  Now that I know how to do this I'm definitely going to be trying this.  How about you?

Pam's Peacock Tutorial For Crazy Quilting

Copyright © 2010 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs.

Here's what Pamela had to say about her tutorial:  Hello everyone! As promised, I've put together the tutorial for the peacock that I use on my crazy quilts. Peacocks were a very popular motif with the Victorians. They loved anything exotic! I've seen photos of Victorian crazy quilts with embroidered peacocks, satin stitched peacocks, cross stitched peacocks and painted peacocks! I myself have even used real peacock feathers on my crazy quilts.

This particular project is my own original design. I own the copyright! Please do not sell the pattern or the instructions. You may of course post a link on your blog or website to this tutorial. All I ask is that you give me credit as the designer.

I've taken a lot of photos to make it easy to understand so here goes!


Please respect Pamela's TERMS OF USE:  I like to share Craft and Embroidery Tutorials on how I do a variety of projects and techniques and helpful hints. I add to this list regularly. Please feel free to download the directions and if you try them, please let me know if you enjoyed the project!

Pamela's Bio:Designer, Textile Artist and Instructor. Although I love all forms of needlework and embroidery, my true passion is Crazy Quilting. I enjoy a quiet life in our little cottage by a lake in Northern Illinois. I frequent flea markets and antique shops looking for do-dads that I can sew on to my stitching projects. I offer some of my handmade items, along with my mom's and my sister's, in my Etsy shop. I enjoy baking and share many of my recipes here. And did I mention glitter?

Copyright © 2005 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs .

Please visit her Kitty & Me Designs blog at http://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/ and her Kitty & Me Designs Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittyandme.

No comments:

Post a Comment