Monday 3 September 2012

Easy Needlebook Tutorial By Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt

If ever there was an adorable little gift to give your sewing club pals, quilting buddies, crazy quilt club members, teachers, etc. it would have to be Kaaren Johnston's  Easy Needlebook which she shows us all how to make on her The Painted Quilt blog.  That is just adorable. I may just have to make an extra one just for me.


Copyright © 2010 - All Rights Reserved - Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt

Here's what Kaaren had to say about her tutorial: 115 110 days until what you might ask? Why Christmas, of course!

Now I don’t want you all to get upset with me for the ‘gentle’ reminder, because I’m in the same boat as all of you. Before we know it, we’ll all be scrambling to get our gifts made, wrapped and in most cases sent off to far away places. So today I’m going to share with you not only a great way to use up some of your stash but also how to make some easy, quick and useful gifts.

I don’t know about you but I love charm packs because they give me an overall view of a complete range of fabrics at-a-glance and at a reasonable price. And now there are so many patterns available that are charm pack friendly which makes them even more ‘charming’.

.....And, if you wanted to make this project even easier, you don’t even have to piece it! You can stop at the stripping part or you can just use a plain piece of fabric for the outside. I’ll leave that part up to you.

Don’t you think they would make great stocking stuffers or little prezzies for your stitching buddies…or even as hostess gifts come holiday time? That’s what I’m going to do with mine!


Please respect Kaaren's TERMS OF USE:  The use of my pattern/design and tutorials is limited to individual and personal use only. Distributing or selling my pattern or tutorials in any form is not permitted. They may not be used for commercial purposes unless written permission is granted. Credit for my pattern and tutorials should be included if displayed in any manner. Individual users may enlarge or reduce the size of the drawings for their personal use but may not alter them in any other way.

Kaaren's Bio: I am an artist and have recently retired from actively designing, publishing and travel teaching in the decorative painting industry. A short while later, in December of 2010, we moved from Eastern Ontario to the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. Quilting, stitching, applique and most recently rug hooking have become my new passions. Oh, and did I mention that I love to make and collect pincushions and needlecases! Join me on the First Friday of every month when I release a new Freebie design for you to make and enjoy.


Copyright © 2009 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt.

Please visit her The Painted Quilt blog at  http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/ and her The Painted Quilt Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kaarenjohnston.

No comments:

Post a Comment