Saturday 8 December 2012

Altered Book Frame Tutorial By June Crawford of A Creative Dream

I am a book lover and book collector and just hate throwing a good book away. Well, you can imagine how pleased I was to see that June Crawford had a wonderful tutorial on her A Creative Dream blog showing you how to make an altered photo frame from an old book. I just love this idea.


Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Written by June Crawford of A Creative Dream

Here's what June had to say about her tutorial:   Let's alter a book.... Not like I haven't done that pretty often, eh? I am somewhat obsessed with it aren't I? This time I have a twist though... instead of making another journal, how about we turn a book into my current fancy... a frame?

I seem to have caught this particular bug (for making frames) while I was working on the woven photo frame. (You know... the one that I've got up for grabs as the current give away...over there on the left).  Since you can alter books into so many other things, surely I can alter a book into a frame, right?

First is the deconstruction phase. One of the most interesting things I have found since I started altering books is how very simple it is to deconstruct one. I have always thought of a book as something that is rock solid, but all it takes is two carefully created incisions and you have a book cover separated from the book pages. My only caution here is that you be very careful (if you follow along and create your own) not to puncture the spine of the book while you make the incisions.

Please respect June's TERMS OF USE:  Please note, in regard to the copyright, all of the directions and photographs in my tutorials are mine, you may not copy or reproduce them without my consent. These instructions are for you to use for PERSONAL use only, not for profit.

June's Bio:  Me... a dreamer, a ponderer of big and small thoughts. A wanna-be artist, a soon to be empty-nester... wondering what the heck I am gonna do with the rest of my life...

Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - June Crawford of A Creative Dream.

Please visit  her A Creative Dream blog at http://acreativedreamer.blogspot.com/. Her A Creative Dream Flickr page is at  http://www.flickr.com/photos/creativedreamer/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment