Wednesday 19 December 2012

How To Wash Vintage and Antique Lace Tutorial By Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs


Lace is very, very common in crazy quilt creations. For some crazy quilt designers the old and more intricate the better. However, sometimes old lace presents a problem and needs to be washed. If you've ever wondered how to do this then you'll be pleased to know that Pamela Kellogg has a tutorial on her Kitty & Me Designs blog showing you how.

How To Wash Vintage and Antique Lace

Copyright © 2008 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs.

Here's what Pamela had to say about her tutorial:  I recently received an email from a stitcher who just purchased a bagful of Vintage Lace at an antique shop and she wanted to know the proper way to wash it.

I'm sure many people are intimidated by old textiles, fearful that washing them will somehow cause deterioration. Honestly, it's quite the opposite. Dust & mold is what causes damage to lace & fabric so washing it is indeed a good way to preserve it.


Please respect Pamela's TERMS OF USE:  I like to share Craft and Embroidery Tutorials on how I do a variety of projects and techniques and helpful hints. I add to this list regularly. Please feel free to download the directions and if you try them, please let me know if you enjoyed the project!

Pamela's Bio:Designer, Textile Artist and Instructor. Although I love all forms of needlework and embroidery, my true passion is Crazy Quilting. I enjoy a quiet life in our little cottage by a lake in Northern Illinois. I frequent flea markets and antique shops looking for do-dads that I can sew on to my stitching projects. I offer some of my handmade items, along with my mom's and my sister's, in my Etsy shop. I enjoy baking and share many of my recipes here. And did I mention glitter?

Copyright © 2005 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs .

Please visit her Kitty & Me Designs blog at http://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/ and her Kitty & Me Designs Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittyandme.

No comments:

Post a Comment