Wednesday 19 December 2012

Lace Cards Tutorial By Karen Bailey of Todolwen Blog


I just love innovative and creative ways to help me get organized - especially when it comes to my craft supplies. So, I was thrilled to see that Karen Bailey had a wonderful tutorial on her Todolwen blog showing you how to make pretty little lace cards for organizing your lace. I'll be making plenty of these.  How about you?


Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Karen Bailey of Todolwen Blog

Here's what Karen had to say about her tutorial:  Hello my dear friends, I have been so very busy this past weekend working on several  projects. After finishing one of them that is when I thought this might be something good to share in the form of a short tutorial because I think that this quick and easy project might be of help to some of you to organize your laces and ribbons and ... it looks nice too!

I am sure you all agree that storing lace in different objects like old tins or jars looks amazing but ... when it comes to finding the right lace or ribbon to work with ... how many of you ~ just as I have been ~ were confronted with this hug ball of tangled lace? And this is what had happened to me over the weekend. I was working on my ballet slippers and I needed some lace which is stored in an old box and I ended up with almost all of it as one big ball in my hand and that is why I made this little tutorial. I didn't have to go out especially to buy anythingfor this project and I am sure many of you have everything you need right there at home already. It's a really good way to recycle as well because you can use almost any cardboard and container. I have also made two sizes of the lace cards so if you have less or more of a lace/ribbon you will have the right size card.

Please respect Karen's TERMS OF USE:  Please do not copy my tutorials in full and/or claim them to be your own and/or post them on your blog without my permission. Furthermore the sale of my tutorials is prohibited. All my designs are protected under copyright.

Karen's Bio: My name is Karen Bailey, and I am the wife for over 20 years to a now retired british serviceman and a Mum to two beautiful daughters. For many years we traveled and lived all over the world whilst serving in the army. After leaving the army we now live in Ontario, Canada. My passion is antiques, especially victorian unrestored furniture and household items and creating/crafting. For me there is nothing better when I have a moment to sit down and make something beautiful. My blog is 'Todolwen' which is an anogram made up from 'old to new' which is what I love to do ~ take something old and give it a new life. I hope you enjoy my makings as much as I enjoy creating them.

Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Karen Bailey of  Todolwen Blog.

Please visit her Todolwen blog at http://todolwen.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment