Wednesday 19 December 2012

Making a Paper ATC Fan Tutorial By Laura Carson of Artfully Musing Blog


I LOVE ATC's and love the idea of making a beautiful paper fan out of ATC's. So, I was pleased to see that Laura Carson had a wonderful tutorial on her Artfully Musing blog showing you how to do this. How cool is that? I know I'm going to enjoy trying this. I hope you do, too.


Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Here's what Laura had to say about her tutorial:  My favorite size art piece to work with is the standard ATC size. But being a cluttered person (which I think is reflected in my art), I’m always looking for ways to cram more stuff on to the standard 2 1/2'” by 3 ½” space. If you are familiar with my work you know that I’m always going off the edges. I also like working with different shapes. I love fans and use fan images frequently in my art and I enjoy making paper fans. A while back I decided to marry the two; fans and ATCs. The result is in the pictures below. When the fan is closed the base dimension of a single blade is 2 ½” x 3 1/2”. But when open, the fan expands to a five blades – lots more room for stuff!

Please respect Laura's TERMS OF USE:  My tutorials are protected by U.S. & International copyright laws.  Do not copy, duplicate, alter or reproduce in anyway.  Please use for inspiration only. ALL NAMES, LOGOS AND DESIGNS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS. ©2012 Laura Carson (Artfully Musing), All Rights Reserved

Laura's Bio: After retiring from the computer software industry where I spent my career designing, building and marketing software, I needed a creative outlet. A few years ago I discovered Mixed Media Art and have had a love affair ever since. I’ve taught classes in Altered Books, Handmade Books, Collage Art and Mix Media Art. I currently design for Alpha Stamps and I enjoy trading in various art groups. Starting this blog is a way of sharing my art and the wonderful art I have received from others. I specialize in very detailed multi-layered and textured pieces. I live in Anthem Arizona with my husband Kevin, dog Sandy, and cat Tigger.

Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Please visit her Artfully Musing blog at  http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com/.



No comments:

Post a Comment