Monday 20 August 2012

Crazy Quilt Spider Web Free Tutorial By Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs

Now that you know how to embroider a spider you have to learn how to embroider the spider's web. What's a spider without a spider's web?  Right? Well, Pamela Kellogg has a tutorial on her Kitty & Me Designs blog showing you how to embroider a spider's web. I just love creating them and hope you do, too.

Crazy Quilt Spider Web Tutorial
and Embroidered Spider Webs With Kreinik Metallics

Copyright © 2010 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs.

Here's what Pamela had to say about her tutorial: I was recently asked why I use spiderwebs on so many of my crazy quilt pieces. Well, the Victorians used spiderwebs quite often on their quilts. The Victorians loved anything exotic and ornate! They had a great love for nature. Not only that, they considered spiders in their homes to be a sign of good luck.

Back to the reason that I use them on my crazy quilts so often is that many of mine have a garden theme to them. Spider webs seem to work well for me. And I really love doing them!!

If you look closely at real spider webs, they're mini works of art! Each is unique, no two are alike and they are perfectly imperfect:


Please respect Pamela's TERMS OF USE:  I like to share Craft and Embroidery Tutorials on how I do a variety of projects and techniques and helpful hints. I add to this list regularly. Please feel free to download the directions and if you try them, please let me know if you enjoyed the project!

Pamela's Bio:Designer, Textile Artist and Instructor. Although I love all forms of needlework and embroidery, my true passion is Crazy Quilting. I enjoy a quiet life in our little cottage by a lake in Northern Illinois. I frequent flea markets and antique shops looking for do-dads that I can sew on to my stitching projects. I offer some of my handmade items, along with my mom's and my sister's, in my Etsy shop. I enjoy baking and share many of my recipes here. And did I mention glitter?

Copyright © 2005 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs .

Please visit her Kitty & Me Designs blog at http://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/ and her Kitty & Me Designs Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittyandme.



No comments:

Post a Comment