Thursday 16 August 2012

How’s My Hair – Accordion Folded Book Free Tutorial By Laura Carson of Artfully Musing Blog

I'm enthralled with Marie Antoinette and all the amazing art creations there are today about her.  So, I was really pleased to see that Laura Carson had a wonderful tutorial on her Artfully Musing blog showing you how to make a Marie Antoinette accordion book.  It's on my "to do" soon list.


Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Here's what Laura had to say about her tutorial: Accordion folded books are simple to make and require no sewing. Everything is assembled with glue. You can make them any size you want and can use them to display art, as a journal, as scrapbook or as a piece of art. The new Rectangular Fleur de Lys Frames carried by Alpha Stamps make perfect book covers. I also thought that Alpha Stamp’s new humorous “How’s My Hair” rubber stamp set and collage sheet would make a fun topic for a book.

The new stamps and images are based on the craze of the French court in the 1770s (Marie Antoinette’s time) of creating huge hairstyles called “le pouf”. Hair dressers used cushions made of fabric or cork and the woman’s own hair as well as added hair pieces that would be combed over and piled on top of the cushions. Next were added enormous curls, feathers, lace, flowers and other ornaments. The bigger the hair the higher the status!


Please respect Laura's TERMS OF USE:  My tutorials are protected by U.S. & International copyright laws.  Do not copy, duplicate, alter or reproduce in anyway.  Please use for inspiration only. ALL NAMES, LOGOS AND DESIGNS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS. ©2012 Laura Carson (Artfully Musing), All Rights Reserved

Laura's Bio: After retiring from the computer software industry where I spent my career designing, building and marketing software, I needed a creative outlet. A few years ago I discovered Mixed Media Art and have had a love affair ever since. I’ve taught classes in Altered Books, Handmade Books, Collage Art and Mix Media Art. I currently design for Alpha Stamps and I enjoy trading in various art groups. Starting this blog is a way of sharing my art and the wonderful art I have received from others. I specialize in very detailed multi-layered and textured pieces. I live in Anthem Arizona with my husband Kevin, dog Sandy, and cat Tigger.

Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Please visit her Artfully Musing blog at  http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com/.



No comments:

Post a Comment