Thursday 16 August 2012

Vintage French Painter’s Canvas Book Free Tutorial By Laura Carson of Artfully Musing Blog

All I can say to the next mixed media creation is "WOW!" That's amazing. If you would like to make a mixed media book from painter's canvases then you'll want to check out the amazing "Vintage French Painter's Canvas Book" tutorial that Laura Carson has on her Artfully Musing blog. I hope you enjoy her tutorial.  

Vintage French Painter’s Canvas Book

Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Here's what Laura had to say about her tutorial:  This project started with Leslie of Alpha Stamps sending me a picture of the French Kiss 6x6 paper pad and asking me if I would like to create something using these papers.  I said “YES”!  These papers are so up my alley.  Next, I had to decide which images I would use as a focal point and I couldn’t resist using the Cléo de Mérode collage sheet.  Her images are some of my favorites.  With the papers dictating the style and with Cleo as my muse, I decided to make a vintage French book from two painter’s canvases.  I love using canvases because the wood frame on the backside creates little niches that you can fill will all kinds of goodies and it’s really easy to hinge the canvases together.

Please respect Laura's TERMS OF USE:  My tutorials are protected by U.S. & International copyright laws.  Do not copy, duplicate, alter or reproduce in anyway.  Please use for inspiration only. ALL NAMES, LOGOS AND DESIGNS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS. ©2012 Laura Carson (Artfully Musing), All Rights Reserved

Laura's Bio: After retiring from the computer software industry where I spent my career designing, building and marketing software, I needed a creative outlet. A few years ago I discovered Mixed Media Art and have had a love affair ever since. I’ve taught classes in Altered Books, Handmade Books, Collage Art and Mix Media Art. I currently design for Alpha Stamps and I enjoy trading in various art groups. Starting this blog is a way of sharing my art and the wonderful art I have received from others. I specialize in very detailed multi-layered and textured pieces. I live in Anthem Arizona with my husband Kevin, dog Sandy, and cat Tigger.

Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Laura Carson of Artfully Musing.

Please visit her Artfully Musing blog at  http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment