Wednesday 24 October 2012

How To Block A Crocheted Doily Tutorial By Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs

Have you ever wondered how to block a doily or cross-stitch design.  If you have and want to learn how to do this you'll be pleased to know that Pamela Kellogg has a tutorial on her Kitty & Me Designs blog showing you how.

How To Block A Crocheted Doily Tutorial

Copyright © 2010 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs.

Here's what Pamela had to say about her tutorial:  Happy Sunday everyone! I've been busy, busy, busy! Yes, too busy and I'm winding down now but I am the way I am! My ADD motor is always going!

I made a big pot of soup, 2 batches of cookies and a loaf of wheat bread. I have all the laundry caught up and added 2 more of my mom's Victorian Tussy Mussy's for Mother's Day to our Etsy shop:

Aren't they pretty? Mom really has a knack for these!

Another thing I did today was to block a couple of crocheted doilies and I thought I would write a tutorial for anyone who doesn't know how to do this. Many crocheted pieces can be ironed into shape but there are some that just won't cooperate unless they are blocked.


Please respect Pamela's TERMS OF USE:  I like to share Craft and Embroidery Tutorials on how I do a variety of projects and techniques and helpful hints. I add to this list regularly. Please feel free to download the directions and if you try them, please let me know if you enjoyed the project!

Pamela's Bio:Designer, Textile Artist and Instructor. Although I love all forms of needlework and embroidery, my true passion is Crazy Quilting. I enjoy a quiet life in our little cottage by a lake in Northern Illinois. I frequent flea markets and antique shops looking for do-dads that I can sew on to my stitching projects. I offer some of my handmade items, along with my mom's and my sister's, in my Etsy shop. I enjoy baking and share many of my recipes here. And did I mention glitter?

Copyright © 2005 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Pamela Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs .

Please visit her Kitty & Me Designs blog at http://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/ and her Kitty & Me Designs Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittyandme.

No comments:

Post a Comment