Monday 29 October 2012

Pierina's Snuggly Hot Water Bottle Cover - Christmas Tutorial No. 12 By Ros Coffey of RosMadeMe Blog

If you love to knit and are looking for a great gift for someone who is always cold then you'll be pleased to know that Ros Coffey has another wonderful  tutorial on her RosMadeMe Blog blog showing you how to make a knitted hot water bottle cover.  What a great gift.

Pierina's Snuggly Hot Water Bottle Cover - Christmas Tutorial no. 12

Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Ros Coffey of RosMadeMe Blog.

Here's what Ros had to say about her tutorial:  My best friend is Pierina, I met her on my first day at secondary school, over 40 years ago and she has the misfortune to live in a household of hot blooded men! So hot blooded are they that they constantly turn down/off the radiators, which means that layers and a hot water bottle are the only way for a girl to go!

Now this is a really easy and quick gift to make for your friends, it took me just over three hours to knit and another hour to Swiss darn and sew up. To add a little more interest we will also be using a twisted rib, which sounds so much more complicated than it really is and a moss/seed stitch frame to emphasise your Swiss darning. You can vary the darning to create a snowflake, initials or any other pattern that takes your fancy... I have used a heart cos I love my hot water bottle in the Winter!


Ros's Bio:I live by the sea, in Essex, in Leigh-on-sea. I have been making things since I was a child, earliest memories were embroidering squares of binca matting, making felt egg cups and ripping back my knitting when my sister had picked up a dropped stitch... yep, it really did have to be all my own work! I am a dreadful hoarder, with stashes of wool and fabric hidden around my house, together with the projects that I have not yet finished. I am currently making cushions, quilted, appliqued, stencilled... actually just anything that I will enjoy crafting.

Copyright © 2010 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Ros Coffey of RosMadeMe Blog .

Please visit her RosMadeMe blog at http://rosmademe.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment