Sunday 14 October 2012

Sewing 101 - Part 1 and Part 2 Tutorials By Ros Coffey of RosMadeMe Blog

Have you always wanted to learn how to sew but find patterns intimidating.  Well, if you have then you'll  be pleased to know that Ros Coffey has a 2-part Sewing 101 tutorial on her RosMadeMe Blog blog showing you how to read a pattern and make an infant's dress.

Sewing 101 - How to Use a Pattern - The Preparation
Sewing 101 - Part 2 - Making Up

Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Ros Coffey of RosMadeMe Blog.

Here's what Ros had to say about her tutorial:  The Pattern - I wrote at the beginning of the year that we would go back to basics over the year and it came home to me this week, that some people may not have been taught to do some of the techniques that I take for granted. This is what happens when Mrs Logan got you through your Needlecraft & Dress O level at the Convent! So I thought we might take a look at how to make clothes and use patterns together with the weird and wonderful language and terms used, so with this in mind I am going to make some baby clothes.

The Dress - Welcome back after drinking your coffee and your break. Now let the real fun begin, we are going to start sewing in earnest, but of course, you know that we are not going straight to the machine, switch on your iron, get the instructions to hand and collect a couple of scraps of the fabric which you have cut out.


Ros's Bio:I live by the sea, in Essex, in Leigh-on-sea. I have been making things since I was a child, earliest memories were embroidering squares of binca matting, making felt egg cups and ripping back my knitting when my sister had picked up a dropped stitch... yep, it really did have to be all my own work! I am a dreadful hoarder, with stashes of wool and fabric hidden around my house, together with the projects that I have not yet finished. I am currently making cushions, quilted, appliqued, stencilled... actually just anything that I will enjoy crafting.

Copyright © 2010 - 2012 - All Rights Reserved - Ros Coffey of RosMadeMe Blog .

Please visit her RosMadeMe blog at http://rosmademe.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment